Wednesday 16 January 2019

Box Card with Castle, Princess and Dragon

Hello my crafty friends

One of the new dies in Karen Burniston's January 2019 Release is this Woven Basket Box Card die. It comes with flowers and a sprig to make a lovely bouquet, but of course I had to do something different with it. I chose to use it as a regular 'box card' and made a Birthday Card for a little Princess. Namely, our nephew's little girl who will be turning one soon.



I used a bunch of dies from previous releases, the Castle Pop-Up, the Knight and Dragon, the Princess and Mermaid and Word Set 5 Royalty. All the dies I used are listed in the Supplies below. I wanted to show you how well all of the KB dies work together - old and new releases work seamlessly!



Since Princesses need to sparkle, I used pretty glitter paper for the dress, crown, and also the turret flags and dragon's wings. I like how the two different greys for the woven part resemble bricks - this Woven Basket Box Card goes together so slick!



This is the back of the card, and where we will sign our names.



I hope I've shown you how to think outside the box (pun intended) to use this fun woven basket for more than just flowers. I also wanted to show you that you can fill it with a few items and still have a card with a lot of WOW. Not every box card needs to be stuffed full and take hours to complete. 



While it's a free-standing pop-up card, it still folds completely flat for mailing! Because I wanted some height to the castle and dragon, this one will fit in an A6 envelope and mail for a single stamp.



Here is one more look at the dragon - isn't he just the cutest?



There are SO MANY great dies in the new release, which will be available for PRE-ORDER on the website starting January 21st. You can click on the preview below to see it larger.



Supplies:
1080 Woven Basket Box Card - Karen Burniston (available for Pre-order on January 21 2019)
1036 Princess and Mermaid - Karen Burniston
1035 Knight and Dragon - Karen Burniston
1033 Castle Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1034 Word Set 5 Royalty - Karen Burniston
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop-Up (banner) - Karen Burniston
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up (scalloped rectangle) - Karen Burniston
Glitter paper - Stampin' Up
Pink, purple, green, kraft, grey and white card stocks
Black pen
Sakura white gel pen
Words - Stampin' Up


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. I Love this card with all the glitter! Perfect for a little Princess!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!