Monday 14 January 2019

Easter Waterfall Card ... and a Sneak Peek of Karen Burniston's January 2019 Release

Hello my crafty friends

Today is the first day the Design Team can share sneak peeks of Karen Burniston's new release!! Unfortunately I had to wait over two weeks for my dies to arrive via regular post since the US Couriers want to charge an arm and a leg to send to me where we live in Canada. The rest of the Design Team had their new release dies within days of shipping and let me tell you, it was very hard to wait for mine to come. Considering it takes 26 hours of driving for us to get home from Arizona, I have no idea how it can take the postal service 17 DAYS to get an envelope to me from Texas, even with the holidays in there.

While I waited, I decided to make another Waterfall card using Karen Burniston's adaptation of her Frame Pull Pop-Up and some pretty Easter Stickers. When my package finally arrived, I used some of the new word sets to finish off my card. I am really going to enjoy all the new Word dies, which is what I'm sharing today as our first Sneak Peek. I also made use of the sweet Easter Charm Dies. I've added a photo of the entire release at the end of my post so you can see all the goodies that will be available for pre-order on January 21st 2019.

This is not the first Waterfall card I've made. In fact, the minute I saw Karen Burniston's how-to video for our January Designer Challenge I headed right into my craft room to try it out. That one will be posted in a few weeks. I love getting more mileage out of my dies and this is such a cool trick to use the Frame Pull Pop-Up. I've been hoping for a Waterfall Die set so I am tickled at how clever and creative (and easy!) it is to make one of these now.



There is a tiny bow die in the new Easter Charms, which I added to the sticker bow on the front panel.



The second and third panels also have a die cut bow from the new Easter Charms added to the sticker bunnies. 



The stickers have lots of sparkle to them and the green grass layer was cut using a die from the Tropical Scene set.



I love that Karen Burniston adds words to some of the charm sets - and this Happy Easter one is going to get a lot of use on my Easter projects. It cuts as a single piece which makes it easy peasy to adhere.



I water coloured this one with Distress Oxide inks.



As usual, I made my Waterfall card post card style. This is the back, with the new 'happy Spring' and a bunny and the bow from the Easter Charms.





As mentioned above, here is a photo showing the entire new release. Wow, right? Note, you can click on the photo to make it larger.



I will have a couple more Sneak Peaks for you this week so be sure to stop back to see.

Supplies:
Pink, white, green card stocks
Patterned paper - American Crafts
Stickers - American Crafts
1054 Rectangles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1070 Frame Pull Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Frame Pull Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Spinner Square Pop-Up (squares) - Karen Burniston
Tropical Scene (grass line) - Karen Burniston
Happy Spring - Karen Burniston (AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ON JANUARY 21)
1078 Easter Charms - Karen Burniston (AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ON JANUARY 21)
1084 Happy Spring - Karen Burniston ((AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ON JANUARY 21)
Sakura white gel pen
Sakura black glaze pen
Stickles


Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!