Saturday 5 January 2019

C4C465 Peeking Owl Birthday Pop-Up Card with Matching Gift Card Holder

Hello my crafty friends

Welcome to a new year, a new month and a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. I am the hostess for January 2019 and our Guest Designer is my friend and Design Teammate Kelly Booth

I had fun thinking of the challenges for this month, making them generic enough that they would suit everyone. Here is my challenge for this week:  What is your favourite card type to make? Pop-up? Shaker? Birthday? One Layer? Make one!

My favourite card type would be Interactive. But I also really enjoy making Birthday Cards and cards with Windows ... so I combined them all to make a masculine Birthday card.



The window has acetate behind the stitched frame, and I added a couple of sprigs from Karen Burniston's Autumn Elements. That die set stays close to my stamping table because I use it so often.



Sorry for the colour cast on the photo below, which shows the card as it is opening.



When the card is fully open, the leafy wreath and Happy Birthday sentiment spin down and fully into view. I used the Spinner Square Pop-Up by Karen Burniston for the mechanism.



The filigree owl was not my favourite of the stamp & die set when I saw it online, but now I am really liking it. It was die cut from brown card stock and adhered to kraft, then fussy cut.

On the far right of the Spinner Square, I fussy cut the spinner rectangle to follow along the leaf lines on the wreath.



I made a coordinating Gift Card holder as well, using Lynda Kanase's Pop-Up Gift Card Holder.



I decorated the front with bakers twine and a few die cut leaves from the Autumn Elements with white sketchy lines drawn on with a gel pen.



The set has a die for the front and the Pop-Up inside and it goes together quick and easy. The gift card pictured is one I use for photos, and not the one we actually gifted.



When you remove the gift card, you see a stitched circle which is the fallaway piece from the card front window. I like that it visually ties the card to the Gift Card Holder.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C465.

Supplies:
Brown, tan and kraft card stocks
Owl, Still Night stamps and dies - Stampin' Up
Treeline die - Tim Holtz, Sizzix
Patterned paper - Paper Studio
Acetate - Hero Arts
Stitched circle frame - MFT Stamps
1042 Spinner Square Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1059 Autumn Elements - Karen Burniston
Wreath - Katelyn Lizardi, Sizzix
Happy Birthday Day stamp - MFT Stamps
Copic Marker
Bakers Twine
Card, Gift Card Pop-Up - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
5-1/2" Square card


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. Perfect challenge to start us off! Love the owl peeking through the window

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!