Sunday 20 January 2019

Heart Pivot Valentine Card - another Sneak Peek!

Hello my crafty friends

Welcome to another Sneak Peak of Karen Burniston's January 2019 Release. I combined a whole bunch of the new dies for this sweet card. First of all, I used the NEW Circle Tag Book for the cover. The Tag Book Pop-Up die set is hugely popular and this one uses the same design principle but with circles that pop-up instead of the tag shape. It is also a different size and I'm really liking it!.


The 'You're Sweet' is new and it goes perfectly with the new Ice Cream Sundae Pop-Up. I have some donut ideas to use with the saying as well. The little chick is from the new Easter Animals - and OMGosh both the new Animal sets are just ADORABLE. I also love this scalloped rectangle, which is from the Rockin' Rectangle.


Here is a peek at the inside, but there are no circles! Nope - Instead I used the new Heart Pivot Panel which fits really well inside the Circle Tag Book covers. I did have to trim a tiny sliver off of the top curve but that was probably how I lined it up when I adhered it to the inside covers.


I'm a huge heart fan - so I was pretty happy to see a Heart Pivot Panel in the release. Perfect timing for Valentine's Day cards, but also Anniversary, Sending Love, and other occasions as well.

One of the things I like best about the Pivot Panels is that they fold completely flat for mailing. Well, all of Karen Burnsiton's Pop-Ups fold flat for mailing but some have lots of bulk simply because of the number of card stock layers. Not so much with the pivot panels, especially when you glue everything flat and don't use foam tape. Of course if you are willing to add another stamp or can hand deliver your card - feel free to layer away! I like dimension on my cards, but there is a LOT of dimension with the Pivot Panels so I don't miss the foam tape when using them.


On the inner two hearts I added a pair of the cute chicks, each one holding a heart. Notice how their faces look different? Just by changing the height of the eyes & beak you can change up their look a little. The words come from the new Word Set 9 Love.

I also used one of the new Border Blends, which make fun borders from both the die cut and the negative pieces.


There are SO MANY great dies in the new release, which will be available for PRE-ORDER on the website starting January 21st (TOMORROW!). You can click on the preview below to see it larger.


Supplies:
1081 Circle Tag Book Pop-Up - Karen Burniston (available for PRE ORDER January 21/19)
1088 Heart Pivot Panels - Karen Burniston (available for PRE ORDER January 21/19)
Aqua, pink, white, black and yellow card stocks
1091 Border Blends Party - Karen Burniston (available for PRE ORDER January 21/19)
Heart patterned paper - Doodlebug Designs
Red patterned paper - Kaisercraft
1083 Word Set 9 Love - Karen Burniston (available for PRE ORDER January 21/19)
1074 Spring Animals - Karen Burniston (available for PRE ORDER January 21/19)
Black pen
Sakura white gel pen
1089 Rockin' Rectangle (oval and scalloped rectangle) - Karen Burniston (available for PRE ORDER January 21/19)
1087 You're Sweet - Karen Burniston (available for PRE ORDER January 21/19)
Copic marker
Wink of Stella
Stickles
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. super cute, love the pink and blue chicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you stuff is so cute! I just got my first delivery of Karen's dies (with more on the way) so I'm trying to carve out some time to play. Guess the cute chicks and the tag book will have to be added to my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!