Monday 7 January 2019

Eight Bright Balloon Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I make a lot of Birthday Cards. I'm donating at least 25 Birthday cards each month to my Mom's nursing home, and I make the Birthday Cards that our grandkids take to birthday parties. I also love balloons. Funny, I tell my family I love balloons on a regular basis and they have yet to pick up on that fact and bring me balloons. Ha. Anyhow, I resisted this MFT Blueprints #26 die set for long enough and finally added it to my craft room in November. These are the first cards I made with it:


It's a basic design that is perfect for making multiple cards and I love the bright cheerful colours in the patterned paper. For the nursing home donations I work on 4 months at a time. So I will put two of these cards into each bag. That way there aren't a whole bunch of the same card being opened at the same time by the residents. These cards are handed out at the monthly Birthday Party in the atrium at the nursing home.


Note to self  - use double sided adhesive on the thin white pieces. I didn't, and it was a little fiddly glueing down the thin bows and balloon strings. Impressive at how well they cut with the dies though!


The nice big 'Celebrate' is a die by Karen Burniston ... it was perfect to use with the balloons. The insides were stamped onto a rounded stitched rectangle die and I added a fishtail banner to each one as well. The MISTI makes the stamping a breeze and I especially love it for stamping multiples like this.


I will have fun with this Blueprints set working on Birthday cards and I'm so glad to have it now! Because you know, I love balloons!

Supplies:
Blueprints #26 - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - Tailored Expressions
1067 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
White sharpie marker
Double Stitched Rounded Rectangles - Divinity Designs (formerly Our Daily Bread Designs)
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Words inside - Picture Perfect Birthday, Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!