Friday 25 January 2019

'Hey You' Cactus Card

Hello my crafty friends

I have found a new-to-me challenge blog called 'The Male Room' and since I enjoy making masculine cards I wanted to play along again this week. The challenge is 'NATURE' - another great reason to play along as I love nature images etc. You can find all the details HERE.


I own a couple of Concord and 9th's Turnabout stamps, and when I saw this cactus/succulent themed one I ordered it as soon as it was available. I also purchased the coordinating dies which I don't usually do with those stamps. But I love anything Southwest themed, so of course these appealed to me. They will make great masculine cards as you can see here.


Honestly, the first three panels I stamped were a hot mess. I am not great at choosing colours that work together - I didn't know this until I started using the Turnabout Stamps! And I finally realized I didn't have the stamp lined up correctly on the door of my MISTI so that was the biggest hurdle. A little shift and ... ta-da. This one is going to be FUN!


I used the leftover stamped strip inside the card along with one of the negative pieces of Karen Burniston's new Border Blends. This die set is part of the new release, which is available for PRE-ORDER right now on the website


I'm putting this card in the stash, as I can use it for a Thank You, or Thinking of You or even a Birthday Card if I need to. There is lots of room to write on the white panel.

Supplies:
To The Point Turnabout Stamps and dies - Concord & 9th
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
White, kraft and green card stocks
Fishtail banner die - MFT Stamps
Hey you stamp - MFT Stamps
1090 Border Blends, Argyle - Karen Burniston AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
Rounded Rectangle Infinity dies - Hero Arts

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. love this card, can't wait to play with mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great masculine card! I love the cactus background. Thanks for sharing your work with The Male Room. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT
    My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!