Sunday 30 September 2018

Hummingbird Shaker Card and MARY Banner

Good morning friends

I have a shaker card today, that was made for a challenge over at Split Coast Stampers. The challenge was actually a 'tea party' for my Mom, and she has been receiving the most wonderful cards from all over. She is thrilled!! The challenge was to use repetition as well as flowers, hummingbirds or tea images.


For the repetition part of the challenge, the flowers in the lovely background die are repeated, the opening shape in the centre is repeated, I repeated the colours from the hummingbird with the floral background and also in the sequins. Oh, and I cut the word 'hello' twice and offset for a bit of a shadow.


Speaking of my Mom, I wanted to share the little banner I made for her a few months ago. I had it hanging on her bulletin board when she arrived at the nursing home from the hospital so the room would look cheerful. I also had a new comforter with a bright pink throw, and a white mason jar with pink silk roses on her nightstand.

To make the banner I used the Photo Banner die by Lynda Kanase, letter dies by Sizzix and the flowers had been fussy cut from a scrap of patterned paper that was sitting on my stamping table.



Supplies for Hummingbird card:
Hummingbird stamp - Mostly Animals
Floral Frame cutting plate - Taylored Expressions
MISTI
Purple and white card stocks
Transparency scrap
Matte glossy card stock
Sequins
1060 Word Set 6 Summer (hello) - Karen Burniston
Dotted Scallop Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Black brush marker
Sakura glaze pen


Supplies for Banner:
Photo banner die - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Photo frame and borders - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Pink, yellow, orange, green and white card stocks
Serif Essential Big Z dies - Sizzix
Bakers Twine
Stickles
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (hearts) - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!