Monday 1 October 2018

Mermaid Lever Card

Good morning friends

I had been chatting online with team mate Frances Byrne, who had ordered the Double Display die set after seeing a couple of my cards. She had also ordered the Lever Card die set - both of these are from Our Daily Bread Designs. I was intrigued by the sample she shared with me and had a look a the website. Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I went and ordered the Lever Card die set!!! I also ordered the layering dies, which makes such quick work of creating a polished looking card.

This is not the first Lever Card I made with the dies, but it is the first one I'm sharing. The panel on the front pivots to the inside when the card is opened, which is always cool.

I have had this mermaid stamp set for awhile, and have been itching to play with it. When I went to make our nieces birthday card, I knew I could finally get out my mermaid stamps and I paired them with pretty seaweed patterned paper from my stash.




It's impossible to see in the photos, but I added a few more gold glittered seaweed strokes with my Nuvo Aztec Gold pen and they catch the light when you hold the card.  I also really wanted to stamp a darker seaweed on the right patterned panel, but since we will need a place to sign our names I left it.


I added a gold foil die cut seaweed  and tucked it behind the pretty mermaid's tail.


I know she is going to love her card!

Supplies:
Bristol smooth card stock
Magical Mermaid stamp set - Stampin 'Up
Gold embossing powder
Patterned paper - Kaisercraft
Purple pearlized card stock - stash
Sea of Textures stamp set - Stampin Up
Lever Card and Lever Card Layer die sets - Our Daily Bread Designs
Nuvo Gold shimmer pen
Gold Foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Gold mini dot stickers - Stampendous
White card stock

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got this die set as well, love your mermaid card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, there are so many awesome elements to this card, from the mechanics to the beautiful watercolour and other touches.....so artistic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!