Tuesday 2 October 2018

Holiday Cheer Challenge Card

Good morning friends

Today's card is for the Paper Pro's Challenge. Usually we have our Karen Burniston Design Team challenge on the first Tuesday of the month, but because KB is away on a teaching cruise we swapped dates with the Paper Pros for this month.

The challenge is "Holiday Cheer".

Once Canada Post finally co-operated and I received the THIRD holiday catalogue my Stampin' Up rep sent to me, this "Signs of Santa" set and coordinating patterned paper were the first things I added to my on-line shopping cart. I was thrilled to see the paper when my order arrived, as there are lovely flocked areas. So cool, and nearly impossible to photograph.


I used this new red card stock and ink from Stampin' Up as well - Poppy Parade. Love this red! The Merry Christmas is one of Karen Burniston's newest releases and here I adhered it over a stitched fishtail banner die to separate it a bit from the fun patterned paper background. While there are dies that work with the stamps AND the patterned paper, mine were backordered and I didn't receive them in time to make my card ... so I did a bit of fussy cutting from the patterned paper. I also added two of the 'fallaway' trees from the inside onto my card front, simply die cutting two additional trunks and adding some pen stitching.


I adore the expanding trees in the new Christmas Tree Pop-Stand die set by Karen Burniston. This is a re-release of a previously retired licensed die and it's great to see it back again. I added white pen stitching around all of the interior trees, then topped off the tree with a pretty red bow instead of the traditional star.


I used more of the patterned paper for the interior and if you look closely at the photo below you can see some of the raised, white flocked snowflakes on the paper. The little elves were fussy cut from a different sheet and adhered to each end of the largest tree.


For even more fun, I added the fussy cut snowman/sleigh piece to a white die cut circle and attached it to the card with an Action Wobble. It bobs and wobbles around as the card is opened - I just love that.


The white stripes on the border papers are also raised and flocked, and I added the stamped greeting to a white crosshatch circle. Then a few more fussy cut elves were popped up below the words.


Finally, for those that like group shots for their Pinterest boards .. here you go!


The Paper Pro's challenge is a casual one with a varying number of participants each month. With an out of town guest, then babysitting two of our grandsons, then being at the farm for a couple of days (no internet there)  I didn't have a chance to update my post with all who are participating.

Supplies:
Green, white, brown and red card stocks
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
1064 Christmas Trees Pop-Stand - Karen Burniston
Sakura white gel pen
Action Wobble
1057 Circles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Lots of smiles stamp - Lawn Fawn
1062 Evergreen Pivot Panel (bow) - Karen Burniston
Stitched fishtail banner die - MFT Stamps
1065 Merry Christmas - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you are making this set just rock, LOVE this card and especially the little tree that pops when you open it....you are so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun card, I have ordered that stamp set and papers, hopefully it will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knocked this one out of the park! I love the snowman paper....hmmm should I call my rep?? I like the addition of the fussy cut elves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!