Tuesday 16 October 2018

Ten Panda Aperture Birthday Cards

Good morning friends

I made these cards last month, but am just getting them posted today. I love this panda die by Neat and Tangled, and I think this might be my favourite way to use it!


This is what the card looks like when you take it out of the envelope ...


... but as you can see, the face has been die cut from the front and there is a black panel inside the card that shows through the panda face/ear openings. Honestly, I think what makes this design work so well is that I used a nice heavyweight white card stock for my card base. It was not as effective with a regular weight card stock; with a CAS style card it's the small details that make or break a design.



The inside panels were die cut with stitched rectangles to give some interest, and of course I used my MISTI stamping tool so all the images were stamped perfectly and perfectly straight. Love that tool, especially when working on multiple cards. There is room below the stamped words for a handwritten message and signature too.


I actually made ten of this design, but gave four to our eldest daughter for her birthday last month as she was running low on kids birthday cards. She needed them before I was able to take the photos, ha ha. I think this design works for kids and adults, female AND male! These remaining six went into my donation bags for my Mom's nursing home.  I will make more of these in the summer, so they will go to a different group of residents. These cards just make me happy.



Supplies:
Heavyweight white card stock - Michaels
Black and white card stocks
Panda die - Neat and Tangled
Stitched rectangle die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Happy Birthday - Papertrey Ink
Inside words - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love these cards. My daughter loves pandas (she's 40) and would absolutely love one of these. I will have to check it out. Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun Die ... fabulous cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!