Monday 22 October 2018

Puppies and an Eagle ... Two Masculine Birthday Cards

Good morning friends

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and I have a pair of cards to share today. First up is a card that I found in my 'In Progress Bin'. The base card and Pop-Up inside had been cut but for some reason I didn't complete the card and just put the pieces into the bin.


I had to make a birthday card for a friend, so went through my bin of embellishments and came across this sweet water coloured puppy. I remember when Els came out with these Peel-Off's at Elizabeth Craft Designs - I immediately bought two packages of them. For my card I adhered this little fella to one of Karen Burniston's Crosshatch circles and added that to the card front. There is no greeting on the front, as Pop-Up cards tend to be displayed open anyhow.


The inside piece was cut with an older KB die set - the Pop 'n Cut Circle Label which comes with the Pop 'n Cut base. As I mentioned, these pieces were already cut and sitting in my bin and once out again I was determined to use them. A second Puppy Peel Off fit perfectly between the two cut away flourishes on the card base, and Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday was added to the Pop-Up portion.





Since I was in the 'lets get this finished' mode, I picked up this patterned paper that was leftover from a different project. There was just enough to cut it to 4 x 4" then cut it in two with a diagonal slash. This is such a great layout and there are so many ways to decorate the centre area.


The eagle sticker was also sitting on my stamping table (in fact, there are a few more I need to use up) so I added him to the card with an Action Wobble. This card went into my October donation bag for my Mom's nursing home, and I think a resident will enjoy how the eagle bobs and wobbles on the card.



Inside I used the deckle edge dies to cut a cream panel, stamped a verse and inked the edges before adhering it inside the card with a smaller sticker.



Supplies:
Peel-Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Printed card base - K & Company
Beige Astroparche card stock
Cream, white and black card stocks
Copic marker
Tombow Markers
Water Brush
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Pop 'n Cut with included Circle Label insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
1057 Circles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Stitched Fishtail Banners - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Water Colour Paper
Action Wobble
Stickers - PSX (old, from my stash)
Deckle edge die - Tim Holtz (Sizzix)
Stamp inside - Stampin' Up
Camera patterned paper - unknown

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. now that is an old pop up :) ... both fabulous male cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!