Monday 8 October 2018

Fall Bouquet Card Duo

Good morning friends

I started my cards by die cutting a burgundy embossed leaf patterned paper, and a gingham one with a stitched rectangle die. Then, I cut 2" off the bottom edge of both panels and re-assembled them by alternating patterns. The panels were then adhered to white card bases. I love this bouquet stamp set by Pink and Main, so gold embossed and die cut two of them adding colour with Zig Clean Colour Markers and a water brush.


The stitched fishtail banner was cut from gold card stock and it did a good job of hiding the seam where the papers join up! The bouquet image was popped up with foam tape on top of the gold banner and for the first card I also die cut a 'hello' from gold card stock and adhered it right to the burgundy leaf panel.

This card was for an August Teapotters Challenge at Split Coast Stampers and I also used their sketch SC711. I mailed the card off as soon as I got the photos taken!


For my second card, I decided to make a Birthday card that I could add to the October donations for my Mom's nursing home. I brought them another 20 Birthday cards for October, which makes me happy.


I coloured the bottom part of the Happy Birthday with a gold Sharpie marker - I'm liking the 'dipped' look this gives these large sentiments.


Finally, here is a look at both cards together.


I love how these turned out!

Supplies:
White card stock
Bristol Smooth card stock
Patterned paper - DCWV
Fall Bouquet stamp and die - Pink & Main
Gold embossing powder
Zig Clean Colour markers
Crayola markers
Water brush
Wink of Stella
Fishtail banner - MFT Stamps
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1052 Word Set 6 Summer (hello) - Karen Burniston
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Stitched rectangle die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stamp inside birthday card - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!