Sunday 28 October 2018

Witchy Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

Since it's getting closer to Halloween, I thought I'd make another Halloween card. This time I used the Victorian themed stickers that I received from Violette Stickers. I also pulled out one of my background panels done months ago using Colorburst and Magical Shakers since the colours were perfect for the theme.


Inside I used Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-Up to animate the decorated crosshatch circle and fishtail banner. I also wanted a decorative edge on my card, so used the stitched scalloped border die from the Tropical Scenes. That one gets quite a work out in my craft room!


Below is a side view so you can see the pop-up a little better ...


The addition of a couple of black sequins break up the flatness of the black, and I added the die cut BOO to a stitched fishtail banner.


The ghosts were die cut from vellum and trapped under the Happy Halloween oval.  That way you don't see any adhesive showing through the vellum, and they are 'light and floaty' looking. I went over the bat with a black glaze pen for some additional shine.



Supplies:
1008 Cupcake Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Stickers - Violette Stickers
White and black card stocks
Colorburst - Ken Oliver
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
1038 Tropical Scene (stitched scalloped border) - Karen Burniston
1057 Circles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Fun foam
Stitched fishtail banners - MFT Stamps
1013 Halloween Elements - Karen Burniston
1058 Halloween Charms - Karen Burniston
Vellum
Sakura white gel pen
Sakura Black glaze pen
Sequins

Card size - 4-1/4 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. more black cats I see :) ... such a fun Halloween card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!