Friday 19 October 2018

Halloween Frame Pull Pop-Up

Good morning friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog, and today's share uses Karen Burniston's Frame Pull Pop-Up die set in a Halloween theme.


This large Happy Halloween die is so detailed and I adore the font that Karen Burniston uses for her Word Sets. This one would coordinate with any one of the sets if you wanted to add more to the greeting. To highlight the bat that cuts with the words, I went over it with a black glaze pen.


There are a couple of ways to add colour to your arrow to make it stand out - for this one I simply cut that piece from a scrap of pumpkin card stock and inlaid it back into the opening on the black strip.


When the recipient slides the tab towards the bottom of the card, it releases the Pop-Up, which springs open to reveal this cute pumpkin scene.


The patterned paper was a hot item in last years Stampin' Up holiday catalogue and I managed to snag myself a package. It has these 3 x 3" tree/moon printed panels, which I trimmed down to work for my Frame Pull Card. I added a die cut pumpkin wearing a witches hat, and the creepy hands from the Halloween Elements die set.


Finally, here is a side view so you can see the pop-up a little better.


I prefer to make cards like this post card style, and while I decorate the back side I also keep the embellishments and layers flat so the card lays nicely. For the back of this card, I added some matting and a die cut BOO!


As usual with Karen Burniston's Pop-Up dies, you get to choose the size of card. For my card today, I went with a standard A2 card, adhering the Frame Pull Pop-Up to the front side.

Supplies:
Black card stock
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
1054 Rectangles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1070 Frame Pull Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1013 Halloween Elements - Karen Burniston
1058 Halloween Charms - Karen Burniston
Sakura black glaze pen and gel pens
1055 Ovals Crosshatch - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. What a very fun card! I really must have this pop up mechanism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spooktacular card, love those hands reaching up from the base

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!