Wednesday 24 October 2018

Owl Wheel Card

Good morning friends

There are a lot of 'Wheel Cards' floating around the internet, especially since Lawn Fawn came out with a whole collection of dies & stamps & add-ons for their Wheel Card die set. I think they are so cute - but resisted purchasing any of them because I already had a Wheel Card die. I've had it for several years - it's a BigZ XL die by Lori Whitlock for Sizzix but for some reason I have only used it a couple of times.

I decided to pull it out again and make a card - and quite enjoyed using it!  For today's card, I added some die cut words from Karen Burniston's word sets and used cute owl stickers from Violette Stickers.


When you turn the wheel (the white scalloped circle that sticks out both sides of the card) three other owls come into view ...


The patterned paper is another 'oldie' and every time I get it out I remember how much I enjoy using it. I cut a stitched frame to decorate the opening, and added some black Nuvo drops for some punch.



I like to make these 'Post Card' style rather than a folding card, and of course I had to decorate the back as well. I keep all the layers and embellishments on the back side flat - no foam tape!


There are things I like better about this die set as opposed to the Lawn Fawn one - but things I like better about the LF one too, so at this point I'm going to be satisfied with the die I already own. This card went to a friend, who we haven't seen in too many months.

I have a few more ideas with this die as well - just no time to get them done yet. Soon I hope!

Supplies:
Wheel Card Bigz XL die - Lori Whitlock, Sizzix
Patterned paper - the Paper Studio
White, black card stocks
Stickers - Violette Stickers
Mini Brad
Stitched circle frame - MFT Stamps
1052 Word Set 6 Summer - Karen Burniston
1002 Word Set 1 (Friend) - Karen Burniston
Stitched fishtail banner die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dashing rectangle dies - Elizabeth Crafat Designs
Scallop circle punch - Stampin' Up
Word stamp - Stampin' Up
Crystal Nuvo Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!