Wednesday 17 October 2018

Double Z-Fold Birthday Card Group

Good morning friends

I've been wanting to make this style of card for a long time. A really long time. But I just never got around to figuring out the measurements, or watching the YouTube videos showing them. Well, I did watch one but it required too many 3/8" type measurements, and I just left it for another day. So while it's not a new idea, the talented Jennifer McGuire's video last week was on making these cards - complete with all the measurements for this wide A2, a regular A2 and a square card. Waaa hooo - I headed straight into my craft room and got these 6 cards made.


I have had the patterned paper for years - so making these 6 cards made a good dent in finishing off the package. I love the yellow with the grey and teal. Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday die worked perfect on the fronts as well. This grey one has a white panel behind the Happy Birthday as there wasn't enough contrast without it.


You can see the teal patterned paper in the group photo at the top of this post, which you do notice when you open the card - so the stamped greeting on the middle panel actually coordinates really well. It just doesn't look like it does in the photo below.


Since I'm making so many birthday cards, I ordered this fun birthday stamp set by Stampin' Up. I love that I can coordinate the images with any patterned paper I'm using and they are easy to fussy cut.



I did add a stamped, stitched circle to the centre panel of each card to break up all the rectangle shapes.


Finally, for those that like to pin group shots to their Pinterest boards - here you go!


After making these cards, I cut all the pieces for several other (different) cards, so by the end of the week I will have used up this patterned paper package! And I LOVE to use things up!! All six of these cards are going into my Nursing Home donation bags but I think this design would make some cute birthday cards for kids too.

Supplies:
1030 Happy Birthday die- Karen Burniston
White and grey card stocks
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Bow and party horn stamps - Stampin' Up
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Hooray stamp - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!