Tuesday 30 October 2018

Halloween Adirondack Chair Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I've had this card done for a couple of weeks, but wanted to wait until closer to Halloween to post it. I normally love making Halloween cards, but for some reason this year I just was not into it so only got a few done.  I bet the Halloween urge will hit me mid-November when I should be working on Christmas cards. Ha!


I absolutely adore Doodlebug Designs Halloween products, so pulled them out again for this card. The adorable images and fun colours just make me happy. For the mummy sticker, I added black glaze pen to his eyes so they catch the light. The 'Trick Or Treat" were stickers on the same sheet as the other characters, so I added part of the phrase to the front and the rest inside the card.


Inside, I made a Pop-Up using the recently re-released Adirondack Chair die by Karen Burniston. I like this die for a lot more than just beach scenes!


When I finished piecing the papers to make the card, there wasn't enough tension in the fold to keep the card open at 90 degrees. I don't like floppy cards! So the quick fix was to cut a couple of short strips of patterned paper and score them in the centre. Then I adhered one on either side of the Adirondack Chair lining up with the outer edges of the card. Ta-da!


This card folds completely flat, even with the Pop-Up and foam tape, and will easily mail for a single stamp.



Finally, for those that like to pin 'Front & Inside' photos to their Pinterest boards, here you go!


I hope I have given you another idea for using this fun Adirondack Chair die.

Supplies:
Patterned paper and stickers - Doodlebug
Purple, green and white card stocks 
1071 Adirondack Chair Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1038 Tropical Scene (stitched scalloped border) - Karen Burniston
1057 Circles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Sakura Black glaze pen

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. what a spooktacular Halloween card, love the cute characters and those bottle of eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun colourful card! Short people can always use a chair to stand on (personal experience) and the Adirondack Chair works perfect for your crazy scientist!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!