Thursday 27 September 2018

Leaf Shaped Card

Good morning friends

My card share today has lots and lots of texture - from the sparkly embossed oak leaf patterned paper, to the stitching on the leaf dies to the heat embossing. There is also vellum with sparkly bits embedded!


I loves leaf dies, and trees - well most nature image images appeal to me. So when I saw the Tonic Studio Craft Kit #12 I knew I had to purchase it. It's actually from a monthly subscription, but while I enjoy most of the Tonic Craft Kits I see - they ship from England and the value is just not there for me. Especially if it ends up being a month that I'm not keen on the theme that month! I am thrilled that I could get this as a 'one time purchase' though and I will use everything that was included in the kit. And I LOVE everything that was included in the kit!

The leaf shaped dies are large - a lot larger than A2. But they are perfect for making shaped cards like this. Banners, gift bag decorations - all kinds of uses for these larger dies. This card still fit in a 5 x 7" envelope for mailing.

I nested two of the leaves together to get the gold leaf shaped frame, and die cut several of the tiny leaves to adhere under the vellum panel.


Inside I added a smaller die cut leaf to give me the white space for my stamped greeting and for signing.


To make it a folding card, I die cut the same pierced leaf from brown card stock and added a score line about 1-1/4" from the top point. Adhesive above the score line to attach the back to the front and the card is done. Oh, and I did trim off a little from the bottom edge at the back only - this allows the card to stand on it's own. with the curve of the leaf it rocks otherwise.


With all the shimmer and shine on this card, I'm saving it to send to my Mom for Thanksgiving as it will be pretty on the bulletin board in her room at the nursing home.

Supplies:
Leaf dies - Tonic Studios Craft Kit #12
Embossing Powder - Copper Blush - Tonic Studios Craft Kit #12
Hello Autumn stamp - Tonic Studios Craft Kit #12
Patterned paper - Recollections
Brown and white card stocks
Copper foil card stock  - Stampin' Up
Metallic flecked vellum - stash
Happy Thanksgiving - Simon Says Stamp
Card size - approx 5-1/2" 'square'.

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh that leaf is perfect for shaped cards, glad you managed to snag a kit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!