Sunday 9 September 2018

Party Panda Cards

Good morning friends

Gosh I like this Panda die by Neat & Tangled. I borrowed a friends this Spring to see if I would use it enough and decided that it was quite versatile so ordered one of my own. I ordered it from R&R Scrapbooking, who had it in stock but wondered what do DO with it.  I told the owner I'd make her a card to show her one way to use the die. Since she was collecting cards to display in the front entrance of their new brick and mortar store in Edmonton, she said SURE!

This is what I came up with, which is probably the most basic way to use the die. It cuts the face and ears from the white panel which was then backed with black card stock. Easy peasy, right?


I couldn't find my party hat stickers so I grabbed my Party Hat Triplet dies and made a party hat from scraps in my stash. The hat and bow were popped up with foam tape for a little dimension.


I added also wiggly eyes and white gel pen accents to the panda's face for a little somethin' somethin.


I had given our daughters a big stack of kids birthday cards for Mother's Day and our eldest just let me know hers are all gone and she would love more for her September birthday. I decided to go ahead and use this card design to make ten more birthday cards for her to have on hand right now, and have been working on other kids birthday cards for her birthday. I'm done the big stack of Thank You cards for her birthday, so I think she will be surprised by the number of cards she will be getting in a few weeks.

These ones also turned out so cute!



Then I decided to only put six of these cards in her pile, and the remaining four in another pile. My Mom was recently placed in a nursing home, and I approached them about donating birthday cards for their residents. They said they would be happy to have some donated cards and so four of these ones will go into the next stash of cards for the nursing home. I've already delivered twenty-five birthday cards to them for September, which makes me happy. I get to use up some of the papers and embellishments that have been hanging around far too long, give back to a community of care that is amazing, and help elderly residents celebrate their big day. Win Win WIN!


If you follow my blog, you will know I often make colourful animals. Well I made 5 more cards using this Panda die using pinks, greens and blues - the grands favourite colour for some Happy Mail. I didn't like them at all, which surprised me but I knew the kiddo's would love them so sent them on their way. But no more colourful Panda's for me ... I like a simple black and white, and the colour can just come from embellishments.

Below are the cards I wasn't crazy about.


I don't mind the one on the bottom right, which went to Alma (18 months). It sort of looks like a panda is peeking through a bunch of flowers.


Considering I wasn't even going to purchase this die - I've already made SIXTEEN cards with it! In my books, that means the die doesn't owe me a thing. But I do have another idea to try so that will be next.

Supplies:
White, turquoise and green card stocks
Yellow patterned paper scraps
Party hat triplet dies - Stephanie Barnard (The Stamps of Life)
Wiggly eyes
Panda die - Neat and Tangled
Stickles
Dashing rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fun foam
Sakura white gel pen
Words - Penny Black
Washi Tape
1052 Word Set 6 Summer - Karen Burniston
fine point markers

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. This is a dangerous post lol, I have been debating about getting this die 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!