Sunday 2 September 2018

Explosion Card for Thanksgiving

Good morning friends

Today's card uses another one of Karen Burniston's new release dies - the Explosion Pop-Up. The entire new release is available for pre-orders now!!

Since all the fun is on the inside, I kept my card front fairly simple. A glossy Thanksgiving sticker, a gold foil frame (from the Frame Pull Pop-Up), banners and a brown card stock mat. The patterned paper was given to me by a friend and it was perfect with the stickers I wanted to use.



Just look at the 'explosion' of Autumn going on inside the card!!! This one actually started out as a 'prototype' to see if I could even do the Explosion card folds. I didn't have high hopes as I am hopeless at any type of origami. Hopeless. Always have been. But I cut my pieces and followed Karen Burniston's assembly video. Then - jaw drop - I had done it! I even managed to get them adhered into a card base properly the first time! So I decided to go ahead and use this 'sample' to create an actual card!


The stickers all have a lovely gold foil throughout, which you can see in the photo below. So I also used some gold foil card stock inside the card.


The pumpkin vines are actually the swirly-do dies included for the balloons in the Explosion Pop-Up. I adore the little acorn in the Autumn Elements, so added a couple to this card as well.



Finally, I have a 'front & inside' shot for those that like to pin them.


I think these explosion cards are perfect for any type of celebration - there is a whole lot of WOW going on inside when the card is opened.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - unknown. Given to me by a friend
Kraft, brown and white card stocks
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1069 Explosion Pop-Up - Karen Burniston - shipping mid September 2018
Stickers - Paper Studio
1059 Autumn Elements - Karen Burniston - shipping mid September 2018
Stamp - Taylored Expressions
1070 Frame Pull Pop-Up - Karen Burnsiton - shipping mid September 2018
Banner punch - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. The angle of your pic for the inside of the card made me think of turkey feathers with a head and neck popping out of the card. Which could make an interesting project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job using the new dies, this set certainly makes it easy to make an explosion :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!