Wednesday 19 September 2018

Sundre Mini Album (Notebook)

Good morning friends

I love notebooks. And lists. Lists keep me sane, and notebooks keep my lists organized. When we purchased an acreage last summer, I needed a notebook to keep track of what I was going to need to purchase. We moved on a little mobile home and it was going to need furniture, dishes etc.

I just wanted something quick and easy and of course I wanted to make it myself. I didn't want to spend a lot of time, money or supplies on it as it was a temporary notebook and could be tossed in recycling when it was done.

So, I chose the Mini Album die by Eileen Hull and some paper from my stash. While a farm themed paper would have been more appropriate, I didn't want to waste any of my nice papers on a throwaway item.


There is gold foiled bits on this patterned paper, which is kind of pretty and I love the bird. I've had the paper stack for several years, so I was glad to use some more of it up.


Now here is the cool thing about the Mini Album. It is assembled with elastics. Yes, just elastics from the office supply store. Or your junk drawer.


The die is a ScoreBoards die, so not intended for card stock, as the score lines could cut rather than score. These ones did OK, but I still reinforced the score lines with Washi tape on the inside.


The covers were also made using more papers from the stack, and the pages inside were cut with white printer paper.



I see so many beautiful albums, journals and notebooks made with Eileen's dies - but I wanted to share that they can also be used for quick and easy projects. I bet this whole notebook was completed in well under an hour. And that included inking the edges.

I added a room name to each of the pages, then could write down what we needed for each room. When we were able to get into the 'cottage', we had what we needed to clean it and make it comfortable. Then I was able to mark down any measurements that we needed for each room when we went furniture shopping. All because of my lists! The notebook easily fit in my purse and came in very handy.

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!