Saturday 15 September 2018

C4C452 Birthday Cards!

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. Our September hostess is Raquel Mason, and our guest designer is the amazing Fran Sabad. You can see Fran's blog HERE.

It's the third Saturday of the month so that means Raquel's challenge this week is a sketch challenge. Since I'm making 20+ Birthday cards each month for a nursing home, I'm finding sketches really helpful these days and this one is going to be a 'go to' sketch for sure! Below is the  sketch:



And I used it to make six birthday cards to donate! Last year I participated in a Stampin' Up Paper Share so I have a nice stack of 6 x 6" papers that I'd like to use up. One sheet had sweet birthday cakes printed on it and I was able to fussy cut six birthday cakes to use for embellishments. I used four on these cards as well as two felt cake embellishments from my stash. I will share the cards made with the other two fussy cut cakes another day.



I did adapt the sketch a little so my patterned paper panels reach from the top to the bottom of the card, but that's the fun thing about sketches - they are adaptable!

I've had these felt cake stickers for several years, and now I only have one turquoise one left then I will have used them up as well. If you follow my blog, you know how much I love to use things up!
There were pink ones in the package as well that are already on cards that have been donated but I haven't shared those photos yet.


I added some glitter to the fussy cut cakes for a little Birthday 'bling'.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C452.

Note - I'm not keeping track of the supplies for my donation cards as I need to streamline and save time where I can.


Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. this is a perfect sketch for mass production of nursing home cards, great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!