Tuesday 25 September 2018

School Fun Card

Good morning friends

Today's share is a Z-fold card that I created for a challenge on Split Coast Stampers to use a School Bus. When the challenge was issued, I remembered that I had a Cricut cut school bus in my 'in progress' bin. When I went to sell my Cricut, I wanted to be sure it still worked, so did a couple of test cuts and the school bus was one of them.

The patterned paper was also in the bin from a different card so I pulled that out as well as some fuzzy stickers from my stash so this card also counts as a stash buster! Win win win.


I tried the little fuzzy critters sticking out of the bus windows but they didn't look right, so instead I used foam tape to lift them up a little. The word 'FUN' was cut with Karen Burniston's Alpha die and I added white gel pen highlights to the letters. I had the road border die in my stash so pulled it out as it worked so well with the school bus!


Inside I added another crosshatch circle, a die cut 'enjoy' and a couple more of those cute fuzzy stickers.



Now I rarely make a card just to participate in a challenge, but I knew I could put this one away for the grands for next year. Ha, nothing like working ahead!

Supplies:
Yellow, black and white card stocks
Patterned paper - stash (Lettering Delights)
School bus - Cricut cut
1057 Circles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1053 Alpha - Karen Burniston
Road border die - Lawn Fawn
Sakura white gel pen
Stickers - Woody's
Copic marker
1052 Word Set 6 Summer - Karen Burniston
Black fine point marker
Card size - 4-1/4" Square Card, which fits perfectly into an A2 sized envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!