Monday 10 September 2018

Adirondack Chair Card Trio

Good morning friends

While had this beachy paper stack out for a different project, I decided that the larger Cut-Aparts would make a fun shaker card. I trimmed two of them from the sheet, grabbed an MFT Circle Shaker Pouch and then had to find a circle die in my stash that would fit the pouch. I waited for a couple of months for MFT's Circle Window and Frame to come back into stock somewhere I could purchase it, and didn't end up finding it for three months!

I can't order directly from MFT Stamps as there are some hefty customs & duty fees when the order comes in. Same with Scrapbook.com, which is disappointing. Simon Says Stamp however, does have reasonable shipping and no extra fees. I do try to purchase from Canadian companies when I can, but sometimes you have to go to the Big Guys to get something as the smaller shops simply can't carry everything.

Onto my first card share today:


I absolutely love the pops of red in this card!


Inside, I added the second trimmed Cut-Apart and another die cut Adirondack chair.


This next card is is one I've wanted to do for months and months. I don't often make clean and simple cards, but I had seen this design on Pinterest by Cynthia @ magical scrap world and decided to just go ahead and make the card already. While I had everything out, I made two nearly identical ones for the stash.


To keep the twine in place, I cut two tiny notches. One at the top and one at the bottom of the card, which worked out perfectly.



Love love love the Deckle Edge rectangles and they worked out so well with this card design. Sorry about the camera angle as the string looks really crooked at first glance. You can see that it's not the string, but a bad photo angle. Oops!


Supplies for Shaker Card:
Patterned paper - Craft Smith
Red and white card stocks
Blueprints #24 (Circle) - MFT Stamps
Sequins, glitter, gold flakes
Shaker pouch - MFT Stamps
Fun foam
Blueprints #21 (stitched banner) - MFT Stamps
Adirondack Chair & words - Colourful Seasons - Stampin' Up

Supplies:
Kraft and white card stocks
Matte glossy card stock
Deckle edge die - Tim Holtz
Woodgrain Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Adirondack Chair & words - Colourful Seasons - Stampin' Up
Fun foam
Bakers Twine
Sequins
Glossy Accents
Birds - High Tide - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!