Thursday 6 September 2018

Get Well Soon Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I have a fun card to share today, using more of Karen Burniston's new release. On the front, I paired the new Get Well Soon with the large crab from the Ocean Animals Set. I loved this pretty patterned paper that was leftover from a different project, so used the rest of the sheet for this card.


Inside I used the Pop-Up platform that comes with the new Explosion Card die set and turned the Octopus from the Ocean Animals into a nurse. :-) My Mom was a nurse, and wore these nurses hat - so I really wanted to make one. With a little trimming and folding and a red marker, the Kleenex box became a nurses cap.


Both the large crab on the card front, and the octopus have wiggly eyes. Since they didn't really stand out enough against the patterned paper I was determined to use, I cut the sea creatures again from black card stock and adhered those behind the pearlized purple ones with a bit of an offset.

The crab was sitting too low on the upper pop-up bump, so I glued a 1/2" x 1" strip of the patterned paper to the bump and then the crab to the top of the little strip. Gave me all the height I wanted!


The new Get Well Charms are SO fun - here I've used the thermometer and Kleenex Boxes. The smaller crab is holding a cup, which could be soup or hot tea depending on what you find the most soothing.

I didn't want to hide that pretty green & teal seaweed on the paper, so decided on a square signing block instead of my usual rectangle. The sweet scalloped square is from the Spinner Square Pop-Up.



Finally, here is a group shot for those that like to pin them.


Supplies:
1068 Ocean Animals - Karen Burniston
Purple pearl card stock
Black, white card stock and various scraps
Black sharpie marker
Wiggly eyes
1072 Get Well Charms - Karen Burniston
Packaging
Copic marker
Red Staedtler marker
Sakura Stardust glitter pen
1069 Explosion Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Kaisercraft
1041 Coffee Charms - Karen Burniston
1038 Tropical Scene - Karen Burniston
Sakura white gel pen
1055 Oval Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1042 Spinner Square Pop-Up (scalloped square) - Karen Burniston
Sakura gold metallic gel pen

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. This would make anyone feel better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certain to bring a smile to anyone who receives that card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!