Saturday 1 September 2018

C4C450 Kraft and Copper Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. Since it's a new month we also have a new Hostess and Guest Designer! Our September hostess is Raquel Mason, and our guest designer is the amazing Fran Sabad. You can see Fran's blog HERE.

Raquel's challenge this week is:  "Make a card using any technique – can be any technique that you always wanted to try, an oldie but a goodie or even a technique that you saw on Pinterest.."

Wow - can you believe it's September already?? I think I just blinked and August disappeared. Since I love to make interactive cards, that is the technique I chose for my card today. As usual, I kept the front nice and simple since all the fun is on the inside.


I chose to work with this beautiful copper foil card stock for my card - look how beautiful the Crosshatch Rectangles look with this paper! The patterned paper has glittery bits in it and I added a copper acorn from the coming soon Autumn Elements. Since it's obviously a fall card, I didn't also add a greeting to the front.


I'm so happy with how this turned out! This was actually the first card I made with the new Evergreen Pivot Panel, not as intended and I didn't use a single Evergreen decorator die on it. I love getting more use from my dies!


Al the leaves, vines, acorns and words were die cut from the same copper card stock. The veining that  comes with the dies shows up beautifully! This Autumn Elements die set is one that will get a lot of use - I just love leaves and these are a nice size to work with. And that acorn!


The copper frame was die cut using the new Frame Pull Pop-Up and we can write our message on the white area.


While it's hard to see in the photos, the oak leaf patterned paper has all kinds of glittered bits as well - it looks downright frosty! I used the new Word Set 7 Autumn to cut the 'Thanksgiving Blessings" and Word Set 2 to cut the 'to you'. I added double sided adhesive to the back of the copper strip to make the words easier to adhere.



Karen Burniston's new release will be shipping mid September, but the website should be open today for pre-orders. Remember you can ask your local retailer to bring in what you would like and show them some support!

Both the new Evergreen Pivot Panel and the House Pivot Panel work really well inside regular cards, as you can see. BUT - they are designed to work perfectly with the Twist Panel Pop-Up AND the Tag Book Pop-Up! Brilliant, just brilliant. I can see these flying off the shelves.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C450.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Recollections
1059 Autumn Elements - Shipping September 2018
Kraft card stock
Copper card stock - Stampin' Up
1062 Evergreen Pivot Panels - Karen Burniston - Shipping September 2018
1070 Frame Pull Pop-Up (frames) - Karen Burniston - Shipping September 2018
1060 Word Set 7 Autumn - Karen Burniston - Shipping September 2018


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. fabulous fall card, those leaves fit perfectly on the pivot panels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is sooo pretty. I love the leaves and the copper foil. You reminded me that I think I have a pad of paper with copper highlights. Should be great for fall. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!