Friday 5 January 2024

'You Are The Sweetest' Pop Up Card


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!

Today I'm sharing the 4th card made with Paper Roses' cardmaking kit "Bee Happy".  The layout is based on the August '23 Sheetload of Cards and I used some of the punch out ephemera on a die cut label to decorate the front.



Inside there is another ephemera decorated label that pops up when the card opens. I used the Twist Flower Pop Up die set by Karen Burniston, which is quickly becoming my new favourite pop up die. There is lots of room to write a personal message when I send this off for Happy Mail.


The flower centers are sparkly because I added Stickles glitter glue, and then I added a few glitter dots and a small bow made with bakers twine. 

Note - the twine was too bulky for this small element, so I unwound two strands from the cut piece which gave me a thinner twine to use. I kept the remaining piece to add to another card another day.


This little gnome was added to the left side and the right side was left blank so I can write in that area.


 
Supplies used:
Nested Hexagon dies - Pinkfresh Studios
Narrow gold tape - Amazon .ca
Stickles
Nuvo Glaze
White pearl cardstock
More Essential Sentiments - MFT Stamps
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I love this card! I have so many KB die sets but I tend to save them for special friends due to the elaborate finishing touches, etc. This card has the excitement of the pop up but by using the ephemera and clean lines, it's something I can make for my upcoming card swap group. Thank you so much for sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could inspire you - thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!