Friday 19 January 2024

Butterfly Pop Up Card


Today I'm sharing a thinking of you card I made for my stash. I like having these on hand, as I can send it out for several different reasons or occasions. I'm working on using up this paper as well. This one was the 8x8" package but I also have a 12x12" package and I find the prints are just too big for cardmaking. I'm trying to make the best use out of it but have accepted that there are a lot of sheets that will not work and I'm going to give those to the grandkids for their craft box.



I used Hero Arts nesting butterfly shapes for the additional butterflies then the Thinking of You which is from the Stamps of Life. I like it when word dies come with a shadow!


Inside is the Butterfly Pop Up die set by Spellbinders, which I haven't used for awhile. Before adhering it down though, I cut a Crosshatch Oval from floral paper then cut it down the center. It was glued on either side of the center fold to relieve any bulk from the 'fold in a fold'.


The butterfly wings lift as the card is opened, and will be a nice surprise for the recipient.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Circle of Love 8 x 8" Stamperia
Thinking of You - the Stamps of Life
Glitter Dots
Stickles
Ovals Crosshatch, Karen Burniston
Pop Up Butterfly - Spellbinders
Nested Butterfly shapes - Hero Arts
Shimmer Spray
Lacy Layers dies - Waffle Flower
5 x 7 card blank and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!