Thursday 11 January 2024

Butterfly Sympathy Card


I gifted a friend a set of my hand made cards at Christmas, and she was so happy to see that I had included several sympathy cards. She said she has needed too many of them this past year and I realized my stash was also getting low.  

Looking for something else, I saw this paper package and thought I should have a look and see what was left in it. Not too much, as it turns out - at least not in the 12x12" package. But inside the bag was an almost full 6x6" pad of the same papers, so I am going to work at using up both the remnants of the larger one and the smaller pad too. Since this card is 5 x 7", I was able to use a larger partial piece for the front.

While this card is brighter than I usually use for a sympathy card, I am still happy with how it turned out. The layered butterfly was cut from cardstock, a patterned paper scrap and a leftover piece of gold foiled cardstock. 


Here is a look at the inside, with stamped sentiments and two little die cut butterflies. I have had this clear stamp set for many years so I don't know what it was called - but I did make a note that it was from Hero Arts.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Flower Market, Carta Bella
Layered Butterflies - Lawn Fawn
Little Etched Butterflies - Paper Rose
Scrap of gold foiled card stock 
Sympathy words - Hero Arts (old, from my stash)
Glitter Dots
Gold Gel Pen

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!