Friday 26 January 2024

Plant Themed Half Shutter Card


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!

I hadn't used the Half Shutter Card die set in awhile, so I pulled it out for today's card. It is from Divinity Designs and comes with all the layering pieces. I love that with just a couple of passes through your machine, all the cutting and scoring is done for you - and all the layers are a perfect size.


The patterned paper & journal card inside is from an older package that I am going to work on using up. There are some sheets that I absolutely LOVE (and what tempted me to buy the package in the first place) but there are a lot of 'meh' sheets too. I decided this wood panel print would make a good background for plants and I'm happy with how it turned out.


I bought the plant stamp set last year (Catherine Pooler) so pulled it out again to use for the card. After I fussy cut the images, I was putting the stamps in their package and realized that I had also purchased the die set. I didn't even check to see if I had them - I have no idea why -  and ended up fussy cutting the plants. Grumbling the whole time. Ha.

The sentiment panel is actually a cut-apart from one of the sheets. It fit perfectly, which was a happy surprise. The sentiments themselves are from Ellen Hutson - so fun! This card was made for a plant loving friend and I think she will like it.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper & Cut Apart - Farmhouse, Craft Smart
Wicker & Weave dies - Catherine Pooler
Green Thumb stamps - Catherine Pooler
Succulent Sentiments - Ellen Hutson
Gold Mirror cardstock
Catherine Pooler inks
Little Etched Butterflies - Paper Rose
Nested Hexagon dies - Pinkfresh Studios
Gold Fever Confetti - Studio Katia


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!