Wednesday 31 January 2024

Four Winter Scene Christmas Cards


Can you believe we are at the end of January already? Crazy.  Usually I make next years holiday cards during the Christmas season, while I'm in the Christmas spirit and there is no pressure to make them. This year I did make some but decided that I will also make a few each month throughout the year. Here are my first four Christmas cards for 2024!


These cards are 5 x 7", and I used some of that pretty winter scene paper (Hunkydory) that I made cards with in December. I love the prints, but it is thin and can wrinkle easily so you have to use care with it. 


The papers are 8x8" so I was able to get two cards from each sheet. The arched window die set (Waffle Flower) has less than a 4" opening in the center so that worked perfectly. It's sure getting a lot of use ... I think I bought those dies last Spring. After I had the patterned paper adhered behind the arched window, I had the not-so-great idea to spritz the panel with Shimmer Spray. 

Since the paper is thin, the whole front panel buckled. AACK. I tried laying the panels under heavy books for a few days and that helped, but I could still see the buckles in the papers. So I used an embossing folder and that also helped.


The horse and sleigh are from a Papertrey Ink set I have had for years & I knew I'd use that set for these scenic cards. The sentiment was stamped onto a white pearl strip but the card seemed to need something else. So I added some die cut snowflakes and a few Glitter Dot stickers and the cards were finished.


Supplies used:
Forest Window dies - Waffle Flower
with the coordinating solids - Frosted Christmas, Hunkydory
In the Meadow stamps - Papertrey Ink
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Shimmer Spray
Leafy Flourish embossing folder - Craft Concepts
Misti 
Stamp inside - Warmest Wishes, Crafters Companion
Snowflake dies - Scrapbook .com
White pearl cardstock
Short Crosshatch Rectangles - Karen Burniston
Seasons Greetings - Christmas Classics, Stampin' Up
Snowflake Peel-Offs - Stamp On it
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts
5 x 7" card blanks & envelopes

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!