Monday 8 January 2024

Scenic Birthday Pop Up Card with Owls


Welcome to Masculine Card Monday here on my blog!

Today I'm sharing the birthday card I made for my brother's birthday. Once again I pulled out the Winter Owl bundle (Stampin' Up) and some scenic patterned paper (Paper Rose). The owl was cut from white pearl card stock and popped up with foam tape.


The owl was die cut from white pearl cardstock for some slight shimmer and I added narrow gold tape along the left side.


Inside I used Karen Burniston's Twist Flower Pop Up for that circle that raises up when you open the card. I wanted to carry the feeling of the scene from the front patterned paper, so did that with a cloud mask/stencil, torn paper strips and a blending sponge. The tree trunk and tree branch dies were included in the Winter Owl bundle. The stamp (Catherine Pooler) is one I have been using a lot for my nursing home donation cards as well.


One more look ...


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Water Color Landscapes 1.0, Paper Rose
Winter Owls bundle - Stampin' Up
White pearl cardstock
Inside Out Sympathy - Catherine Pooler
Succulent sentiments - Ellen Hutson
Momento black ink
Circle stickers - Dazzles
Narrow gold tape
Cloud mask - MFT Stamps
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions
Twist Flower Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Everybody Say Happy Sentiments - Catherine Pooler
Wink of Stella
5 x 7" card base and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!