Thursday 31 December 2020

December 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternates

Hello crafty friends ...

Here I am with my last post and video for 2020! What a year this has been - I sure hope our world turns right side up sooner rather than later in 2021. 

I wish all of you a very happy and HEALTHY New Year!

My December Paper Pumpkin kit was delayed - as was pretty much everything that had to be shipped over the holidays - but it did arrive and I managed to get my YouTube video filmed and edited in time to share it in December. Ha - talk about cutting it close, right? I made a total of Thirteen cards, eight of them are for Happy Mail and will be mailed in the New Year. The remaining cards were made into Birthday Cards. I didn't NEED to make any more Birthday Cards, but the cupcake and present embellishments leaned that way and who am I to argue?

I have a walk through of all my cards on YouTube HERE.

Since I loved the bear printed embellishment the best, I made a Z-Fold card first. It turned out cute, so after I played with the Koalas and Red Panda images ... I made an additional two Bear & Bouquet Z Fold Cards. That used up all three of the floral bouquets in the kit!


All of the critters got a little Wink of Stella shimmer on their cheeks and I went over all the noses with a black glaze pen for shine.


I made the Hello Koala card first, but it was pretty heavy with all the layers. So the second Hi Koala card was made simpler and will mail for a single stamp. (I have more details in the video)



I was struggling a bit with the colours in this kit. While I loved everything individually, adding them together made me scratch my head. The Soft Seafoam green is very 'meh' and the striped decorator pieces they added had only the burgundy and soft green colours. No coral and certainly no cinnamon like the Red Panda is coloured with. I made this Z Fold card but decided not to use the kit colours for the remaining Pandas. Instead I added them on mostly white cards and was much happier with how they looked.



I had an idea for a different box pop up than the ones I have been making, and decided to try it out with the Koala's. I cut them apart so I could use one on the card front and one on the inside, and the card turned out so cute I made a second one! 

I ran out of time though, and don't have a tutorial for making these yet. I will do one in the New Year for sure, maybe even for the January Paper Pumpkin kit.



Yep - just simple cards, with with all the gold and the pop up elements - these cards make me happy and I hope will bring a smile to who I send them to. I do love pop up cards!



I added two of the present images to the outstretched arms of two Red Panda's, cut apart one of the coral card fronts and added everything together on an embossed card front for these Birthday Cards.


It's hard to see in the photo, but the eyes and noses are shiny, and the hearts, bow and Red Panda Tummy have shimmer because of a Wink of Stella pen. 


I added a large sentiment to a die cut rectangle and added one inside both cards.

Of course I wanted to do at least one 'fancy' pop up, so pulled out the Circle Charm Pop Up die set by Karen Burniston. It's been a long time favourite of mine and works perfectly with an A2 sized card. While I don't make a lot of A2 sized cards anymore, I love the quality envelopes that come with a Paper Pumpkin kit so am happy to make A2 cards and use the printed envelopes.


The card front features a textured gold frame and a popped up cupcake. Both the cupcake and the scalloped circle have gold foiled bits as does the card front, and like the other card fronts I painted Wink of Stella inside several of the open leaves.

Below is a birds eye view of the Circle Charm Pop Up ...


Notice how the cupcake part pivots to the inside as the card opens? Love that! If you are curious how the Circle Charm goes together, check it out at karenburniston.com where Karen has an amazing assembly video.

This next card is also a Pop Up, and I added a single cupcake to one of the gold foiled labels from the kit. A punched heart on either side and some Wink of Stella for shimmer completed the card front.



Inside, I used the same idea for a Box Pop Up as I did for the Koala cards above - this is a different size and different orientation. I want to play with this idea a bit more for sure, then will do a tutorial for you.


Since this one is a Pop Up, I am adding it to my own Birthday Card stash.

Finally, a simple Birthday card that will also be donated to my Mom's old nursing home along with the two Red Panda Birthday Cards.



I didn't take a photo of the inside, but it used the same Happiest of Birthdays stamp as on the Red Panda Birthday cards above.

Whew, right? Lots of cards made but I really REALLY enjoy creating with the Paper Pumpkin kits. I pretty much only used the leaves and sentiments from the included stamp set, but will stamp out a bunch of the cute bears, Scan 'n Cut them and send them along with some punched hearts for the Grandkids to make Valentine's with. The bear is SOOOO cute and I'm really enjoying seeing what others have been making with that stamp.

Thank you for all of your views and comments this year. 
I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2021.
***Happy New Year!***


Supplies:
December 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit - Stampin' Up
Sakura Black Glaze pen and Gold Gel Pens
Wink of Stella
Gold foil card stock - Recollections
White card stock
Scallop Stitched Nesting Circle dies - Tutti Designs
Leaf Embossing Folder - Paper Studio
Hello and Hi dies - MFT Stamps
Stitched Scalloped Die - Your Next Stamp
Thinking of You stamp - In the Pines, Stampin' Up
Tasteful Label Dies - Stampin' Up
Banners Pick a Punch - Stampin' Up
Heart Punch - Stampin' Up
Dashing Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Happiest of Birthday's - Stampin' Up
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
1046 Circle Charm Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Awesome Birthday - Birthday Greetings, Studio Katia
Large Birthday stamp set - Technique Tuesday
Water Brush
Gold Shimmer Spray
Card size - all, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. OMG Karen, ALL of your card creations are super adorable!!! I love the mix of styles and techniques you've used to make this awesome variety! I can't wait to see your tutorials. Happy New Year to you and your family and wishing for a better 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute cards ... that sure is a lot of cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!