Wednesday 23 December 2020

Woodland Pop Up Christmas Card Duo


Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing a pair of Pop Up Christmas cards that feature both new and older items from my stash.,

I have a walkthrough of my cards on YouTube HERE.

I had just received my (first!) online order from Michaels, which included these adorable chipboard stickers. Sitting on my stamping table were the two pop up inner cards and since the new embellishments worked perfectly, I decided to finish off both cards.

The first card has a stitched snowflake, a gold foil JOY, snowflake and border strip as well as these cute work boots.



The inner card was die cut from this pretty birch tree patterned paper. There were two of them in my 'in progress' bin that had been die cut many years ago using Karen Burniston's Pop 'n Cut die system.


I added a little more gold, two more of the chipboard stickers and a stitched rectangle for a signing block.


The second card uses another one of those chipboard elements on the front - this time a dog dressed up for the holidays.


I added the dog to an embossed scalloped panel, then also added some snowflakes and a different JOY cut from gold foil card stock. I have loved using those little snowflake embellishments this year, and added one to the dogs ear as well as the snowflake panel.


Inside is the second die cut inner card from the same patterned paper as the card above.



I loved getting these pop ups into cards and using up some older items from my stash. I also loved getting those pretty new embellishments and am proud of myself for cracking into the package and USING some right away instead of hoarding them because 'they are new and too nice to just use up'. Ha.

Supplies:
Card #1
Pop up inner card already cut and in my 'in progress bin'
Birch tree patterned paper - unknown
Various card stocks
Patterned paper - Winter Wonderland, Recollections (old)
Deer etc chipboard stickers - Recollections
Pop 'n Cut Wavy Label (BigZ extended) - Karen Burniston
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Stitched Snowflake dies - Lawn Fawn
Stitched Sentiment Strip - Kat Scrappiness
Gold Fever Confetti - Studio Katia
Woodgrain Patterned paper - Necessities -  Wood, My Minds Eye
Joy die - unknown - possibly MFT Stamps
Stickles
Card size:  4-1/2 x 6" (trimmed 6" length down a little)

Card #2
Pop up inner card already cut and in my 'in progress bin'
Birch tree patterned paper - unknown
Card Stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Winter Wonderland, Recollections (old)
Chipboard stickers - Recollections
Pop 'n Cut Wavy Label Insert (BigZ Extended) - Karen Burniston
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Woodgrain Patterned paper - Necessities - Wood, My Minds Eye
Stickles
Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle Dies - MFT Stamps
Snowflake embossing folder - Stampin' Up. ?????
Shimmer Spray
Snowflakes - stash
Joy die - Taylored Expressions
Snowflake embossing folder - Stampin' Up
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Sentiment - Traditional Sentiments, Kaisercraft
Tasteful Label Dies - Stampin' Up
Card size - A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!