Thursday 24 December 2020

Snowman Mug Slimline Card

Hello crafty friends ... 

Here I am with my last holiday card of 2020 and of course I made it a Slimline card. 

If you follow me, you know that I rarely post my cards in the same order I create them. So while this is the first 'Fold Flap Slimline' card I'm sharing, it's actually the third one I've made! Since I prefer to share Christmas cards in December, the others won't be posted until after the holidays.  I have the measurements at the end of my post if you are curious.

I have seen lots of these Fold Flap cards on social media, all of them in an A2 size and held closed with a belly band. I love how this technique works on a Slimline card though! You simply fold back the right front edge of the card and decorate as desired. 

I also noticed a couple of snowman faces on die cut mugs during the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop so pulled out my Tonic Studio's shaker mug die and the i-crafter Animalopes for the eyes and nose. I didn't use the shaker cups that come with the mug though, as I wanted a card that was mailable and those shaker cups require a fair bit of extra postage. 

Here is a peek at the inside, with a stamped sentiment and embossed snowflakes at the top and bottom edges of my sentiment panel.

I just love how fine the embossed snowflakes are! I lightly inked over the top of the raised snowflakes with a blending sponge and then added a few of those iridescent snowflakes from Stampin' Up.

One more look at the card front ...


Measurements for my Fold Flap Slimline Card:

  • Cut card stock 7 x 8.5"
  • Putting the 7" edge at the top of your scoring tool, score at 1-1/4" and 3-1/2".
  • Fold your card in half at the 3-1/2" scoreline, to form your card base
  • Fold the 1-1/4" scored edge to the front of the card.
  • NOTE:  I adhered the flap right to the card front using thin foam tape, but most of the A2 Fold Flap Cards I've seen utilize pretty patterned papers and have the card open as more of an accordion. 
  • I chose these measurements for my card as then the patterned paper layer measurements are easy to figure out. I usually make my patterned paper layers 1/4" smaller, so if that top flap on the card base is 1-1/4 x 8-1/2", my patterned paper strip is 1 x 8-1/4".


Supplies:
Various card stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Holiday Bash, Recollections
Coffee Mug Die and Shaker Set - Tonic Studios
Acetate
Various shaker filler
Seam binding - Stampin' Up
White pearl card stock
Large snowflake die - Impress Rubber Stamps
Copic markers
Animalopes (eyes & nose) - I-Crafter
Stitched circles (cheeks) - MFT Stamps
Coffee Cafe (whipped cream) - Stampin' Up (retired)
Snowglobe Sentiments - MFT Stamps
Snowflake confetti/embellishments - Stampin' Up
Winter Snow embossing folder - Stampin' Up
Sentiment inside - Crazy Stamps (old, from my stash)
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 business envelope.

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!