Monday 28 December 2020

Desert Scene Slimline Diagonal Trifold Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Today for Masculine Card Monday on my blog,  I'm sharing a new-to-me Slimline card format - a Diagonal Trifold card! This card was for my brother, who celebrates a December birthday and I used a couple of dies I purchased online last month. Both the cowboy silhouette and the large cactus are new and made by Paper Rose. 

I have a walk through of my video on YouTube HERE  as well.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to cut the patterned paper to have even borders and I'm not sure why. It made perfect sense in my head, ha ha. Maybe I was too tired as I had been working on this late one evening when I should have been getting ready for bed. But I was inspired and wanted to keep playing!


Since I normally buy 12 x 12" patterned papers, a card like this is great to use those large patterns that would otherwise be lost on an A2 card.



Both the Happy Birthday and Go Wild are dies by Karen Burniston and I added a couple of Taylored Expression cactus dies as well. The barbed wire is an older die by MFT Stamps.


Because I like to work ahead, I have a couple more masculine cards & tags finished and planned on sharing them in the New Year for my Masculine Card Monday posts. However I was invited to join another Design Team and will be posting for them on Monday's in the New Year. I'm VERY excited about this new adventure ... and I will share more information as soon as I am allowed to. Any Masculine cards I make now, will be scattered throughout the week!

  • Measurements for my Slimline Diagonal Trifold:
  • Cut your card base to measure 8.5 x 10.5"
  • With 10.5" side at the top, mark 3" up from bottom left corner. 
  • Use a trimmer (or craft knife and ruler if you are really brave and have steady hands) to make a diagonal cut from that 3" mark at the lower left to the top right corner. Set aside the top piece for another project. 
  • Score the diagonal piece, which is still 10.5" wide, at 3.5" and 7". This gives you your trifold and the folded card size is 3.5 x 8.5".
  • NOTE: It might be easier to score your card stock at 3.5" and 7" before you make your diagonal cut.


Supplies:
Various card stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Desert Dream, Recollections
Bucking Horse die - Paper Rose
Cactus die - Paper Rose
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
1128 Go Wild - Karen Burniston
Fence (Barbed Wire ) - MFT Stamps
Small Cactus dies - Can't Touch This, Taylored Expressions
Celebrate - Large Birthday, Technique Tuesday
Circles - stash
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Card size - 8.5 x 3.5" (when folded) and fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, that paper is perfect for the tri fold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!