Tuesday 15 December 2020

Vintage Sleigh Ride Christmas Card


Hello crafty friends ...

I'm sharing another holiday card today, created with some fun supplies from Your Next Stamp. With Christmas coming up, I thought you might like to see how you can make a Christmas card fairly quickly! This is also a good one for those that aren't keen on colouring.

I added red patterned paper to my card base, then die cut one of the Stitched Rectangle Frames from a sparkly brown patterned paper and set that aside. NOTE - these Stitched Rectangle Frames were featured in Jennifer McGuire's FAVOURITE DIES video in 2020!!!

I stamped the sweet image from Sleigh Ride onto cream card stock using a brown ink. I also stamped a sentiment from the set onto a strip of cream card stock and fishtailed one end. The edges of the sentiment strip were inked with the same brown ink.

I dabbed the same brown die ink onto my glass mat, picked up the colour with a water brush and quickly painted the area outside the sleigh image. Because the inks are dye based I took care not to use a lot of water and to keep the painting slightly away from the stamped line. See? Quick and easy! The cream panel was adhered behind the frame which was then popped up on the red card front with thin foam tape.

The sentiment panel was also adhered with thin foam tape and I added three red Gumdrops from The Perfect Blend Gumdrop package.


I kept the inside fairly simple, adding a stamped cream panel over a sparkly red patterned paper one. The image behind the sentiment is second generation stamping - the first image was stamped onto the envelope then without reinking I stamped it again over the words. This gave me a softer, lighter impression.


There is lots of dimension and sparkle to my card today yet it was quick and easy to create. Sometimes we need those quick cards this time of year!

Supplies:
Sleigh Ride - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Rectangle Frame Die Set - Your Next Stamp
The Perfect Blend Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Card stocks - various, stash
Patterned paper - I Believe, My Minds Eye
Banners Pick A Punch, Stampin' Up
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Wink of Stella
Shimmer spray
Music patterned paper - Echo Park (OLD, from my stash)
Water brush
Card size - wide A2 (5.5 x 4.25")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!