Saturday 19 December 2020

Vintage Slimline Christmas Card Trio


Hello crafty friends ...

Recently I made a pair of Slimline Christmas cards that used some larger embellishments from my stash that I'd had for years. They were too big to fit on an A2 card and were probably meant to work on a 12 x 12" scrapbook page. Well they work perfectly on Slimline cards, so I pulled out three more from my stash and made this trio of Slimline cards for the holidays.

First up is this Santa image ... I added him to a gold pearl panel that was matted with white and tucked the stamped greeting under one of his boots.


Here is a peek at the inside of the Santa card, with some border stickers and more of the gold pearl card stock as well as a stamped sentiment.


For the second card, I added the snowman to a snowy patterned paper panel and added the greeting just under the pom pom on his hat. All three of the 3-d embellishments were adhered with thin foam tape, and I added some Stickles to all three as well.


The sparkly candy canes were cut form another 12" border sticker from my stash.


Here is the inside of the Snowman Christmas card, and the Christmas Tree card below was done exactly the same.


Finally, we have this pretty old fashioned Christmas tree. I used the same patterned paper as on the snowman above, matting it on a different paper from the paper pad. Both the Snowman and the Christmas tree cards also got some of those iridescent snowflakes from Stampin' Up added to the front. The cards are nice and sparkly, but of course that is very hard to photograph.


I even found some winter themed business envelopes in with my holiday stash so they are perfect for these Slimline cards!

Supplies:
Card stocks - various, stash
Red and gold pearl card stocks
Crumpled tissue - stash, done many years ago
Large ephemera - K & Company
Wink of Stella
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Season Greetings - Scenic Season, Stampin' Up (retired)
Words inside - More Merry Messages, Stampin' Up (retired)
Border Stickers - K & Company (stash)
Subtle embossing folder - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - K & Company (old, from my stash)
Snowflake embellishments - Stampin' Up
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Embossed Edge Nesting Slimline dies - Kat Scrappiness
Holiday Stamp - Hero Arts??
Stickles
Card sizes - all, 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards. Tfs. Merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, the Paper Inspiration sentiments are perfect inside Slimline cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!