Wednesday 9 December 2020

"Joy to the World" Shutter Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing another 5 x 7" Christmas Holiday Card, made with this beautiful paper and embellishment package by My Minds Eye called Sugar Plum. I have had this package for a couple of years, but don't use it very often simply because I love it SO much I tend to hoard it. So I was proud of myself for actually cutting into and using so much of it for this card. I have a video walkthrough on YouTube for you as well.


I added a label maker for the "Slide Off" to add on the back of the Belly Band so the recipient knows how to open the card. I know card makers know what to do with a Belly Band, but I've watched non card makers struggle so the label helps with that.


The JOY circle was one of the stickers in the package and has a lovely silver glitter ring around it that you only see when the shutters are completely open. 'To The World' is from the October Paper Pumpkin kit.


Once again, I added acetate under the shutters as the shine mimics the look of a real camera lens.



I look forward to making more of these 5 x 7" Shutter cards in the New Year! I used a tutorial by Sam Colcott, which is linked below.

Supplies:
Sam Colcott's YouTube tutorial HERE
Card stocks - stash
Patterned paper, stickers & ephemera - Sugar Plum, My Minds Eye
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Stitched Circle Frame - Lawn Fawn
To The World - October 2020 Paper Pumpkin
Banners Pick a Punch - Stampin' Up
Shimmer Spray
Stickles
Crinkled Seam Binding - Stampin' Up
Label Maker - Brother
Card size - 5 x 7", fits in an A7 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!