Tuesday 29 December 2020

Eight Floral Birthday Cards



Hello crafty friends ...

This Spring I pulled out this 12 x 12" paper pad and decided to use it up. I have shared many of the cards I've made already, and I still have quite a few more to finish and share. I've tried to group the cards and keep similar ones together. When I was working on these cards, I did only the decorative panels, so when I'm ready to finish them off I add the panels to folded card bases then stamp the birthday sentiment inside.

While there were a couple of large floral cluster stickers on the sticker sheet in the paper pad, I die cut one of the large print papers with a stitched circle die to use those on my card fronts too.


There were two sheets of printed jars in the paper pad, and I fussy cut a number of them to use as decorative elements. 


This HELLO circle was one of the stickers included in the paper pad, and the heart bling was a 'free with purchase' from Queen & Company. They are far too bulky to go through the mail, but perfect for cards that will be hand delivered like these.


I used a couple of favourite layouts to make good use of the floral paper in the sheet and cut one of the striped sheets down into strips to use as accents on all of the cards I made with this paper pad. It's the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan pad, by American Crafts.

The llama sticker was adhered to stitched circles and popped up with foam tape.


All of the cards were done the same inside, using my MISTI to help with placement and no oopses with the stamping.


I was just stash diving, and working away on these cards, so I didn't keep a supply list. These ones are for my Mom's old nursing home and were split up into several different month's donation bags because they do look similar. I want the residents to feel special, so rarely include more than two similar designs in a single month.

I did use up the whole paper pad, which made me really happy. Then, when I was reorganizing my craft room in the late Spring ... I found a second pad. AACK! I really liked it at the time I purchased it, and apparently I bought two of them because I liked it so much. That second pad has been buried in the bottom of my patterned paper pile to deal with later. Much later. Ha.

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!