Thursday 17 December 2020

Hot Chocolate Pouches

Hello crafty friends ...

I did something different this year for the grandkids! I have mentioned before that the Christmas Season starts for our family on December First. I usually give the Grandkids a holiday book and new PJ's on December First along with a hand made card. This year I gave them holiday MASKS instead of book, and made these cute Hot Chocolate Pockets instead of the cards. (Olivia and Ethan got a reindeer mask, Zachary, Ilai and Alma got Snowman Masks). 

I had been poking around  and found a video from Bourbon Creek Crafts, and she had made these hot chocolate pouches and once I saw that she used Business Envelopes for the pocket themselves I had to try it myself!! I have a walk through on YouTube for you as well.

 


I chose the patterned paper pad because it had papers that would work for both girls and boys, and had fun poking around my Christmas embellishment bin for random elements that would work to decorate the pouches.  



Each pouch contained a packet of hot chocolate, a candy cane for stirring, and a cello sleeve with 4 chocolate squares for a little somethin' somethin'. I make a lot of these chocolate sleeves over the holidays, and talk about them in my video.


It was fun to go stash diving to decorate these pouches/pockets and I got to use up a bunch of stickers etc as well as leftover labels and circles that were just sitting around.

Supplies:
Video from Bourbon Creek Crafts - HERE
#10 Business envelopes (sealed and cut in half, so you get two pouches from each envelope.
Patterned paper - Holiday Bash, Recollections.
3/4" circle punch - Stampin' Up
Chipboard Stickers - Santa Stops Here, Bella Blvd
Joy Banner - Cricut Cut (from stash, done many years ago)
Felt poinsettia sticker- stash
Labels and circles etc - from 'the stash'
Scraps of white pearl card stock
Sakura black glaze pen
Stickles
Hot chocolate packet
Candy cane
Mini Swiss Chocolates
2 x 10" Cello bag (trimmed down in length)
Snowflake embellishments - Stampin' Up
Washi Tape

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!