Monday 21 December 2020

Slimline Card with Reindeer and Trees

Hello crafty friends ...

When I was flipping through this 12 x 12" paper pad for something else, I saw this sheet with the lovely deer & tree border print on it and knew it would work great for a Slimline card. Since I only used the bottom portion of the sheet - the part with the border on it - I could use the remaining green holly pattern inside the card.  I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube HERE.  

I die cut the border from the rest of the paper using a nested die set by Kat Scrappiness, then I spread some Wink of Stella onto the trees and floral wreath around the deer necks. For some additional sparkle, I added a few of those tiny iridescent snowflakes.


Inside I made a Pop Up and added both die cut trees and deer.



I have a video tutorial showing how to make a simple box pop up HERE.

Today is the 21st of December ... the shortest day of the year. I love this day, because from here until June the days start getting longer again. Yeah!!!

Supplies:
Card stock - various, stash
Patterned paper - K & Company (old, from my stash)
Wink of Stella
Snowflake embellishments - Stampin' Up
Border Stickers - K & COmpany
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Embossed Edge Nesting Slimline Dies - Kat Scrappiness
Words - Hero Arts (old)
Gold and white pearl card stocks
Leaping deer die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Sentiment on front - Snowglobe Sentiments, MFT Stamps
Trees - Peaceful Pines, Stampin' Up (retired)
Small deer die - In The Meadow, Paper Trey Ink
Card size:  8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!