Thursday 3 December 2020

Slimline Holiday Gnome Card

Hello crafty friends ...

I'm back today with another holiday Slimline card and this one features one of the cute Gnomes from Riley & Company. 

I have a walk through of my card on YouTube and I show my hand made snowflake stencil.


The Gnome was coloured with Ohuhu alcohol markers and his hat was die cut from a coordinating patterned paper in the pad. I have had this card done for a few months, but was saving it to post in December. At the time, the markers were new to me and I have to say I am still really enjoying them. They were a screaming deal and since I was having trouble getting Copic refills here in Canada I thought I'd try them out.  They have a bullet nip and a chisel tip rather than a brush tip so it does take a little more work to blend. But I'm not great at Copic colouring anyhow, so these markers fit the bill for me.

When I went to add a little Wink of Stella to his beard though, I had a 'Wink of Stella Explosion.' That was totally my fault as I had overfilled my Wink of Stella pen. When it gets low, you can add a little water to rejuvenate it and get a little more use from your Wink of Stella ... but if you overfill it -- be ready for some sparkly BLOBS. Ha.

Rather than waste all that shimmer by blotting it up with a tissue - I spread it around with a paintbrush and in the end I liked the effect.
 

No stamped sentiment inside this card, but that gave me lots of room to write a personal message inside since I made this for someone specific. The trees are the decorator dies from Karen Burniston's Evergreen Pivot Panel die set!

The little snowflake from the Sleigh Pop Up worked perfectly as a stencil and I was able to place my snowflakes where I wanted them as well as vary the depth of colour. It helped make those white panels a little less stark.

Supplies:
Various card stocks
Patterned paper - I Believe, My Minds Eye (old, from my stash)
1057 Circles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1062 Evergreen Pivot Panel - Karen Burniston
Stickles
Sakura White Gel Pen
Large Gnome stamp - Riley & Company
Large Gnome dies - Riley & Company
Ohuho Alcohol Markers
Wink of Stella
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
1021 Sleigh Pop Up (snowflake) - Karen Burniston
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
1022 Word Set 3 - Holiday - Karen Burniston
1018 Winter Charms - Large Snowflake, Karen Burniston
Glimmer paper - Stampin' Up
Card size - 4 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!