Friday 4 December 2020

Christmas Moose Shutter Card

Hello Crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and today I'm sharing a holiday Shutter card. I have a walk through for you on YouTube as well:   


I picked up this Merry Moose stamp set with coordinating punch last year at Stampin' Up and while I have enjoyed using it all year long it's perfect for a holiday card. 


The card is held closed with a Belly Band, and I added a label to the back as I have seen non-card makers struggle to open gatefold cards with Belly Bands before and they usually turn the card over to see if there is a flap or something they need to lift. 😁


Once you slide off the belly band, the sides open to reveal the shutter mechanism. The shutter opens as the card opens since the pieces are adhered to the card sides - and this one opens to reveal another moose as well as some stamped trees.


I love using acetate on my cards - and especially on shutter cards as it really mimics the glass of a camera lens then. 


I added a few die cut snowflakes and gold peel off snowflake stickers, and stamped a sentiment onto a label die.


Since I went over all the details in the video, I'll keep my comments here at a minimum. While I used a lot of the 12 x 12" patterned paper sheet on this card, there was enough left to make another holiday card and I will share that one in a few days.

Supplies:
Sam Colcott's YouTube tutorial HERE
Patterned paper - Websters Pages
Stitched circle frame die - Lawn Fawn
Circle die - Hero Arts
Various card stocks - stash
Acetate
Merry. Moose stamp and punch - Stampin' Up
Water Brush
Wink of Stella
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Greeting (and sprig stamped on envelope) - Rustic Retreat, Stampin' Up
Tasteful Labels - Stampin' Up
Gold gel pen
Stitched Snowflakes - Lawn Fawn
Peel Off Snowflakes - Elizabeth Craft Designs
White Pearl Card stock
Brother Label Maker

Card size: 5 x 7", fits in an A7 Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, love that paper, perfect with the moose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!