Friday 18 December 2020

Poinsettia Trio Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

I was so happy with how this card turned out! I bought this stamp & coordinating die set from Stampin' Up - was it last year? The year before? At any rate, I know I loved it when I bought it but I didn't get nearly enough playtime with it before the holidays were over. On a whim I wanted to see if the pretty poinsettia die would work on a Slimline card and was thrilled with how well it would work. I immediately had to make a card with the dies!


The dies in this bundle are very creative, and the poinsettia ones come with two parts that you can use independently or together. One of the dies cuts the poinsettia into the card stock - which you can see I did for the top and bottom blooms on the red panel. The white card stock underneath shows through the petal openings. The other die is an outline die and lines up around the edges of the poinsettia. So for the middle bloom, I first cut the poinsettia into a piece of scrap white card stock, then ran it through again with the outline die. That gave me the pretty outline poinsettia which I adhered in the centre of the red panel. Those details are much more impressive in real life!

It's hard to see in the photos, but I also gave this card a blast with my shimmer spray - but kept the shimmer from the bottom left of that middle bloom up to the top right. Then I added a couple of white gel pen dots and pretty confetti for more holiday sparkle. The greeting is one of the Taylored Expressions Simple Strips and it was popped up with foam tape.


Inside I added a stamped greeting and holly from the coordinated stamp set, matting the white layer on some plaid paper in holiday colours.


Dies are such an investment and I like to purchase ones that are timeless or can be used for multiple themes etc. This set falls into the first category and is one that will work for Christmas cards for many, many years. It's so easy to change up the look just by changing the number of poinsettias you include on a card, how you layer them, how you cut them and the colour/pattern you choose to work with. Yep - this card just makes me happy and I loved getting this set out again.

Supplies:
Various card stocks - stash
Peaceful Poinsettia Bundle - Stampin' Up (retired)
Simple Strips Christmas - Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expressions
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Plaid patterned paper - Pinecone Lodge, Recollections
Water brush
Majestic Confetti - Studio Katia
Shimmer Spray
Sakura Gold Gel Pen
Card size: 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!