Wednesday 30 December 2020

Leafy Hello Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today's card is a special one because of the patterned paper which comes with a story. A talented paper crafter named Bette Manning had posted a LOT of cards using this beautiful patterned paper on a Face Book group called Stamp Junkies. Her cards are all beautiful and received lots of comments. Eventually everyone just started referring to this paper as 'That Paper'. It's called Eucalyptus and it's from Hobby Lobby so no way I was able to get my hands on it as we don't have a Hobby Lobby here in Canada. 

One afternoon in November I received a message from one of the group members letting me know she had purchased extra of this paper and would be happy to send me some. I was thrilled! Well when my envelope arrived, she had included more than just a few sheets. I was in tears from this RAK (Random Act of Kindness) and of course had to make a card right away. Since I share holiday cards in December though, this one had to wait until after Christmas for me to post it. Thank you THANK YOU for your generosity and kindness Marilyn W - you have no idea how your gesture lifted my spirits!

So here is my first card with That Paper, and you will be seeing it a lot in the coming months. I love leaves anyhow, and I adore the colours in this print and am thrilled with how well it works with the Stampin' Up Forever Fern bundle. 


My Slimline card features a fold back flap - this was the first time had done this on a Slimline card and I was really happy with how it works out.  This  Fold Flap Slimline layout is one you will be seeing a lot of from me in the New Year!  I've seen A2 sized cards done with this technique and the card is then held closed with a Belly Band. I didn't want a Belly Band for this card though, so my flap is held closed with thin foam tape instead. While this is the first Fold Flap Slimline Card I made, I did post one on the 24th in a Christmas theme. I rarely post my cards in the same order I make them!


Here is a peek at the inside, with some stamping, a gold Peel Off Border Sticker and a pair of stamped, die cut sprigs. Just enough room to write someone a quick note to send this card for Happy Mail!


Measurements for my Fold Flap Slimline Card:

  • Cut card stock 7 x 8.5"
  • Putting the 7" edge at the top of your scoring tool, score at 1-1/4" and 3-1/2".
  • Fold your card in half at the 3-1/2" scoreline, to form your card base
  • Fold the 1-1/4" scored edge to the front of the card.
  • NOTE:  I adhered the flap right to the card front using thin foam tape, but most of the A2 Fold Flap Cards I've seen utilize pretty patterned papers and have the card open as more of an accordion. 
  • I chose these measurements for my card as then the patterned paper layer measurements are easy to figure out. I usually make my patterned paper layers 1/4" smaller, so if that top flap on the card base is 1-1/4 x 8-1/2", my patterned paper strip is 1 x 8-1/4".
Supplies:
Patterned paper - Eucalyptus - Hobby Lobby
Card stocks - stash
Gold Border Peel Off - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Rectangle dies - Waffle Flower
Forever Fern - Stampin' Up
Shimmer Spray
Gold Foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Hello die - MFT Stamps
Charcoal Dtaradream
Vellum
Tasteful Label Dies - Stampin' Up
Gold Fever Confetti - Studio Katia
Thin gold cord
Card size: 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job, what color inks did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy ... Blogger doesn't have a reply button so I have to answer you in a comment. I honestly can't tell you what colours if ink I used as I don't keep track of that. In all my years of sharing cards, this is the first time I've been asked that question! I'm a huge fan of Catherine Pooler inks, so it was likely a mix of her inks and Stampin' Up inks. Sorry I can't be of more help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!