Sunday 24 May 2020

Pop Up Floral Slimline Card with Butterflies


Hello crafty friends ...

Below is my YouTube video with some details on how I created the card. You can always find my YouTube videos HERE on my YouTube Channel. I'd love to have you subscribe!


I'm excited to share this Slimline card with you today, because it's also a pop up card. I am really liking the Slimline format, but since I also like to make interactive cards I was really happy with how well this worked out!


I used sparkly patterned paper from K & Company, adding extra sparkle and shine with Glitter Dots. Gold Peel Off Corners, and gold Stickles on the pretty YNS Butterflies.


In the photo below you get a better idea of how sparkly the paper is!


Finally, here is a peek at the inside. To make it easier (I don't like math), I cut the patterned paper inside to the same dimensions as the Slimline Card (7 x 8.5") and did all my scoring & added the extra folds and cuts to make it dimensional. When I was happy with that, I simply trimmed off each side and a bit off the top so it would fit inside the card with an even border all the way around. Otherwise, I would have had to figure out the measurements for each scoreline as well as the perimeter.


As I mentioned in the video - this is something I've done before with an A2 card die that I have, and because people have asked how I did that I expect they will also want to know more on how to make it work for a Slimline Card too.

You can see my photo tutorial on how to add the additional folds & cuts HERE,  
and HERE is the link to the Paper Springs video I used. 

The patterned paper I used for my card today is double sided, so I did the markings on the back side (the pattern I wasn't going to have show). In the photo below, you can see the centre fold is on the left  so I'm making the two cuts from the fold up to the vertical line I drew parallel to the inside folds and cutting through both layers at the same time. This is the area that becomes inverted when you attach this piece inside your folded card! NOTE: If you click on the photo it will open up larger in a separate window.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - K & Company
Pink and awhile card stocks
Stamp on back - Riley & Company
Bristol Smooth Card Stock
Gold embossing powder
Zig Clean Color Markers
Water Brush
Nuvo Glitter Pen
Gold Stickles
Simple Strips Background - Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips die - Taylored Expressions
Beautiful Butterflies - Your Next Stamp
Beautiful Butterflies Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Peel Off Photo Corners
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
White pearl card stock
Hello & There dies - MFT Stamps
Pink vellum
Stitched Scalloped oval die - MFT Stamps
Paper Spring
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart

Card size - 3.25 x 8.5", fits in a standard #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!