Tuesday 5 May 2020

AHOY Photo Collage Pop Up Card


Hello crafty friends ...

It's time for Karen Burniston's May 2020 Designer Challenge! Karen challenged the team to use "The Treasure Chest and/or Treasure Charms" for our project.


Since I have already made a couple of cards with the Treasure Chest, I wanted to play with the charms and also the new Pattern Plate Swirls! Below is the front of my card! The Alpha was used for the word AHOY, and I snipped apart the Pattern Plate to nestle into the top right and bottom corners.


Remember you can always see my interactive cards in action on my YouTube Channel HERE.




Only had a single sheet of this 6 x 6" patterned paper, so stretched it with card stock layers and borders. I chose the Photo Collage Pop Up inside, filling the polaroid frames with the little crab from the Sea Animals die set and both the new Cruise Charms and the Treasure Charms.


Red white and blue remind me of USA colours, so I added in the kraft and lighter blue to make it a little less patriotic. I really liked that patterned paper, so had to choose colours that went with it!


I also added in the Octopus from the Ocean Animals.


I hope you will check out what the rest of the Design Team came up with for the challenge - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her project and video tomorrow (Wednesday May 6) on her BLOG.

Supplies:
1098 Photo Collage - Karen Burniston
1053 Alphabet - Karen Burniston
1124 Pattern Plate Swirls - Karen Burniston
1119 Cruise Charms - Karen Burniston
1123 Treasure Charms - Karen Burniston
Blue, white, red and kraft card stocks
1037 Sea Animals - Karen Burniston
1091 Border Blends Party - Karen Burniston
1068 Ocean Animals - Karen Burniston
1122 Paper Frames (star and label) - Karen Burniston
1104 Triple Flip (fishtail banner) - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Deep Blue Sea - Carta Bella
Black pearlized card stock
Silver sharpie marker
Sakura white gel pen
Black pen
Snappy Birthday - Under the Sea, Queen & Company
Sea Creature Sentiments - (word and anchor stamps) - Your Next Stamp
Retro Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Red Marker
Stitched Rectangle die set - Your Next Stamp

Card size - standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. love your take on the challenge, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, how sweet this really is! LOVE that it pops up with so many of the new images and the octopus! He almost steals the show, he is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, if I may, I have a request, I need an airplane popup card for my ex-husband at Christmas. Is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Unknown. I'm sure you can make an Airplane Pop Up Card - check Pinterest for ideas! Several of the die sets by Karen Burniston would work really well. The Katherine Label and the Rockin' Rectangle dies come to mind first. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!