Thursday 14 May 2020

Balloon Bouquet Wiper Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing another Wiper Card, this one uses the new Happy Birthday Wiper Insert by i-crafter. I made this card last November (!!) so Lynda would have it for the i-crafter launch at Creativation in January. I didn't want to show it on my blog until the die set was available and since it is in the May release I can finally share it!


I added a balloon bouquet to the card front, inking the edges of the balloons and adding white highlights with a gel pen.


Remember you can always see my interactive cards in action HERE, on my YouTube Channel


This card started as a 5 x 5" square card. I made the inside, with the patterned paper layers and the Happy Birthday Wiper Insert. Then I got to work on the balloons and got everything secured inside. At that point I realized the balloons stuck out of the sides when the card was closed - clearly a lack of planning on my part. Not one to just toss a card, I added wider panels to the front and back and was pleased with how it looked!


For the Happy Birthday element I cut the white shadow layer from both white card stock and white fun foam, then adhered the inked Happy Birthday to those layers for a nice thick embellishment.



I specifically chose the colours of this card because they are the i-crafter colours and I wanted it to look good as a booth sample. I was thrilled that Lynda also showed it in the May Release Preview Video this month - it obviously held up well.

Supplies:
222054 Happy Birthday Wiper Insert - Lynda Kanase, iCrafter
Aqua, white and green card stocks
Patterned paper inside - Picture Perfect, Queen & Company
Sakura white gel pen
Fun foam
Seam binding

Card size - 6 x 5", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. clever way to 'fix' a card which is too narrow for the pop-up element inside. Will need to remember this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!