Wednesday 20 May 2020

"Wow! It's Your Day" Slimline Birthday Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing my Inspiration Team post for i-crafter, using some fun new products that were released on May 1st. I made a Slimline Birthday Card that is decidedly masculine. I started with the panel, stamping it three times with one of the Half Tone Dot stamps and black ink. Then I used blending brushes and the Cosmic Flare stencil with kraft ink for some additional 'texture' and 'action'.

The Comic Words die set has several letters included that allow you to make different words such as WOW, BAM, BOOM, MOM, DAD etc. etc. They cut with the outline die as well, which is really fun. I cut the WOW  and action balloon from both red and black card stocks, choosing the black outline and the red letters. It also comes with the fun 'splat' which I stamped in black and die cut with the coordinating die. The words were written with a black pen, and I added some black Nuvo Drops as well.



Finally, here is a look at the inside. I used the Cosmic Flare Stencil again at the top and bottom, and the CELEBRATE! was done with my label maker.  I used the leftover WOW letters & outlines  from the front inside so they are the reverse colours. I was so happy with how the inside looked when I was done, and there is still lots of room to write a message!


Supplies:
222042 Comic Half Tone Dots - i-crafter
222093 Cosmic Flare Stencil - i-crafter
222041 Comic Words - i-crafter
Kraft, white, red and black card stocks
Copic marker
Fun foam
Black marker
Sakura white gel pen
Nuvo Drops
Brother Label Maker
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a standard #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. this is definitely a wow card

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red and black letter combo really give the card Punch! Great KISS card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!